News for Oct 2, 2024

 


This Week's Dinner Meeting Will be A

A Chicken Pot Pie Dinner &
Finding Stillness
Wednesday October 2 @ 5:30 PM
Newton Oakes Room 011
Come and bring a friend!

Meditation by Father John
"Silence speaks"
When I lived in France back before you were born my friends invited me to their prayer group. We gathered and sat for one hour together in silence. It was a totally new experience for me. It intrigued me. I found that just being present gave me access to something deep that was sustaining. If I listen to St. Teresa of Avila it just might be the love of God sustaining me. Would you like to try to just "Be Still and Know that I am God"? We will do that the next couple of weeks at our Weekly meetings. We can also talk about what "God" means to us. What "God" means to Jesus. Whether we have to use the word "God" at all to talk about God. Meanwhile, be still and know.

Our Next Pester the Priest - Tonight
Monday, October 7 @ 9:00 PM
Night Hawk's Diner (Above Chow)
Come and just talk. 


Normal Weekly Dinner Meetings
Wednesdays at 5:30 PM
in Newton Oakes Room 011
There is always a meal, fellowship and a devotion
with occasional special conversations, worship, or a program

Coming Events in the planning
October 5: Blessing of the Animals at St. Elizabeth's






Comments